Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area
Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area is located in the in the heart of Branson and offers a nature escape with 140 acres of wooded and rugged hill country and 5.3 miles of trails. Both visitors and local citizens can enjoy this unique park with its two woodland trails that wind through forest, along bluffs and across glades. A set of 315 stone steps lead down toward Lake Taneycomo along a path that features a waterfall and cave. The property also features almost 2,000 feet of hand-built stone wells. The park is located off Fall Creek Road just south of Highway 76.
An entrance feature with a large wooden log archway over an ornamental iron gate with a decorative native stone veneer welcomes visitors to the park. Other recent improvements include a nature playground and pavilion near the entrance. A covered porch swing that utilizes stone columns and rock from the original home site, established in 1911, can be found near a picnic area that provides beautiful views of Lake Taneycomo.
Click here to view a video of Lakeside Forest.
Click here to view a video of the Owens Homestead site.
Click here to view a brochure and map of the park.
Click here to utilize a GPS integrated map while hiking in the park.
Click here to view the trail marker map.
- 140 acres
- 5.3 miles of hiking trails featuring a waterfall, caves and grotto
- View of Lake Taneycomo
- Nature playground
- 315 stone steps
- Pavilion and picnic tables
- Public Restrooms
The park pavilion is available to reserve. Click here to view availability and reserve on-line.
7:00am to 8:00pm Summer
7:00am to 5:00pm Winter
The park is open during day light hours only.
Rules and Regulations
- Be considerate of other park users.
- Please place all trash in receptacles, do not litter.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed in parks.
- Pets must be on leash.
- Please pick up after your pets.
- Weapons are prohibited.
- Advertising, selling, or solicitation is prohibited.
- No groups or individuals shall use the park for business purposes without permission.
- Please stay on trails at all times. These trails have been designed to discourage erosion and harm to natural communities.
- Please stay within park boundaries. Respect land owner's rights and private property signs.
- No fires.
- Day use only.
- Destroying, cutting, or removing vegetation, including wildflowers, is prohibited.
- Foot traffic only. No motorized vehicles allowed.
- Leave the park better than how you found it.
412 Owen Lane, Branson, MO 65616