The Planning Division oversees various functions of the land use planning process. Through the formal review and public hearing process, the Planning Division implements the City’s vision for future development and Zoning Ordinance. The Planning Division responsibilities, in coordination with other departments and agencies, include land development, temporary events, annexations, long range planning, and support to the City Council, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and various City committees. In addition, the Planning Division is responsible for implementing and updating the Community Plan 2030 (PDF)
Requested the Most
- All planning and temporary use requests can be made through the Citizenserve Portal
- Street and Zoning Maps - GIS and Image Maps
- Municipal Code Chapter 94 - Unified Development Code
When creating and implementing a landscape design it must respect and enhance physical and natural qualities of the site and retain the positive qualities of the existing environment and shall be located to complement and conform to the site topography, rather than changing the site to accommodate a preconceived design.
- To provide good visual appeal to buildings and paved areas through the use of trees, shrubs and plants.
- To encourage areas of established native forest to be preserved within a project/development site and to properly protect preserved areas during construction.
- To encourage, fund and staff a city program to replant trees and vegetation lost to land development activity and to fund acquisition of forest preserves.
- To preserve healthy environmental condition by providing shade, air purification, oxygen generation, groundwater recharge, storm water runoff retardation, and noise, glare, and heat abatement through preservation of areas of native forest and installation of landscape.
- To buffer uncomplimentary land use.
- To require timely replacement of landscape components lost after installation.
Requested the Most
- 2024 P&Z Meetings and Deadlines
- A permit shall be required for all landscaping plans submitted for approval - Citizenserve Portal
- Removing tree(s) from your property? Citizenserve Portal
- Land disturbance codes and requirements
- Riparian buffers codes and requirements
- Tree preservation codes and requirements
- Landscape plan codes and requirements
- Landscaping & screening codes and requirements
- Do Not Plant! (PDF)
- Suggested Plant List (PDF)